Not sure whether you’re familiar with the ads but Lone Star premieres tonight. I got to see the screening yesterday thanks for @Klout who sent this kit.
I still have lots of popcorn left over from the kit. Also I love the beer cups and soda glasses.
I did enjoy it but I’m not sure whether I will be into the show like other ones I’ve became addicted to like, “Breaking Bad,” “Nip Tuck,” “Weeds,” etc. I love tv drama.
My first thoughts: I think the main character (James Wolk) might be just a tiny bit too “nice” of a guy for this role.
He’s also my age (he’s a month younger) so I probably I don’t find anything in common with his character – i. e. the job position he gets himself to and the families he gets deeply involved with. At 25, are you really married to a woman with a big shot father in law and able to get away with a secret girlfriend? That guy must have some skill.
Granted, the show doesn’t say his age but his acting shows “young” all over it (maybe it’s me being bias). Just doesn’t make any sense for people my age. Then again, he’s a conman right? I did wonder if this was more for men (you know the idea of getting away with two women) — admittedly, these women are hot but if he’s so tied into “doing the right thing,” it might not be in this complicated situation. I’m curious to see maybe 2-3 other shows to see if I will get into it. He undeniably has a great deal of charm and I’m not too familiar with southern culture so for the setting, the demographic for watching might not be me.
You do feel a bit sorry for him when he is brought into a situation where he has to choose between these two women. I realize this is how the show will continue for the rest of the season, not being able to choose… Let me know what you think about it. It airs tonight at 9PM EST and I might wait until the entire season is over to catch up (as usual). What can I say: Netflix was the best invention ever.
Robert Allen (James Wolk) is a Texas con-man who leads a secret double life. As “Bob,” he is married to Cat and living in Houston while working for his oil-tycoon father-in-law. Four hundred miles away, he is “Robert” in a second life with girlfriend Lindsey. As he schemes to take control of the oil business and finds himself torn between the love of two women, he must fight to keep his web of lies from falling apart.
You can read the rest on the wikipedia page but here’s the cast:
- James Wolk as Robert/Bob Allen, a Texas con man married to Cat, the daughter of one of his targets in Houston, while simultaneously maintaining a relationship with Lindsay in Midland, Texas. He is in love with both women and begins to wish for a normal life.
- Adrianne Palicki as Cat Thatcher, Clint’s daughter. At a young age, she married her boyfriend from high school and had a daughter with him. Their marriage ended in divorce. She later married Bob Allen, seeing in him the qualities that were lacking in her ex.
- Eloise Mumford as Lindsay, Robert Allen’s unsuspecting girlfriend in Midland.
- David Keith as John Allen, Robert Allen’s father. He raised his son to be a con man.
- Bryce Johnson as Drew Thatcher, the youngest of Clint’s three children. He admires his brother-in-law.
- Mark Deklin as Trammell Thatcher, Clint’s elder son and Blake’s husband. Unlike his brother, he is suspicious of Bob’s motives.
- Alexandra Doke as Grace Thatcher, Cat’s daughter from her first marriage to Harrison.
- Jon Voight as Clint Thatcher, a Texas oil tycoon and father of Cat, Drew, and Trammell.