via (a bourbon for silvia) – reposted with my commentary…
1. They are very weird people. true, they are weirder than most
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer.
3. They will analyse conversations in layers.
4. You will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA. I’m due a visit, I need company.
5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging. Guilty — I can’t help that they are beautifully embossed or shiney.
6. They hate each other. I admire a few… some are just hacks — sorry.
7. You’ll come out the last out of the movies because you have to see the full list of credits. Yes, you will.
8. They can’t change a light bulb or without making a sketch.
9. They fuck up all the tables with their cutters. That’s why we have mats…
10. They rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say. *yawn*, what?
11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy.
13. They make collages with your photos.
14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters.
15. They idolize people who nobody knows and speak of them as if they were his colleagues. Si
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes.
17. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want.
18. Everything is left justified, right or center unless they arrive late.
19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica. I actually love other fonts… Comic sans are best used for… wait a min, there’s no real reason to use comic sans.
20. They use an iPhone for everything, because everyone has one. I have an Android.
21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them.
22. They steal street signs. Not me, but I know of one graphic designer who did.
23. Always carry their hands painted with something. Not me.
24. They purchase dolls unfinished for them to paint. Not me.
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets, cards as …
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed like the OSX spinning wheel (not affectionately)
27. Do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.
28. They hate Excel.
29. They read comics.
30. They want to save the world only with a poster.
31. You will spend the day brainstorming.
32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach. Unless they came from a tropical island… *wink*
33. Museums are their second home.
34. They know more positions than the Kamasutra. Heh… Well, :D.
35. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design.
36. They listen to music you have never heard of. Yes…
37. They can´t cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients. True… and that’s why I cook.
38. They read rare books: stories of children, Semiotics …
39. When you are going to tell you something, everyone has read it in their Facebook and twitter. Usually, guilty lol
40. They have own iPods before you knew they existed. Lies…
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia. Unless they realized that macromedia used to be the shit!
42. They have their own shops just for them and there are the most expensive in the city. I’m frugal…
43. They want to spend all the money in the Apple Store. Lies…
44. You will never understand their gifts.
45. They see ordinary objects and laugh.
46. You wake up in the middle of the night hear them screaming “When is the deadline?” Guilty.
47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs. *Sigh*
49. They rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift. I’m still trying to get this font.
50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7. *Guilty —
With that said, I’m single ;).