Do you like breasts?
Would you like to save them? Here’s your chance! Sponsor me at the Komen Greater NYC Race for the Cure.
Last year Yvonne and I ran the 5k at Central park for the Komen Greater NYC Race for the Cure.
I hope to do it every year, God willing. It’s only 3.1 miles and we have been practicing to get back into it. Yesterday we ran for 40 minutes outdoors (of course the race is going to be relatively easy after doing that) but running on Sept 13th is our goal. I’m only raising $250 but it would be GREAT having support from members of social networks who believe in this cause.
By raising $250… I help (according to the site) women with:
- A full clinical breast exam including mammography
- Two mammograms
- Educational information on good breast health
- Hot nutritious meals for women with breast cancer and their children
- Patient navigation services for women with abnormal mammograms
- Legal assistance for women with breast cancer
I signed up today for the race, it’s currently $30 to sign up so if you’re interested in running in Central Park on Sept 13th, please join as well form the website.
…and tell me a term for breasts